Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Summing based on various critiera

Well, you couldn't seem to state a simple requirement. Don't blame me. You
needed several prompts to even get you to the point where you could begin to
express your needs. Thinking is required before attempting to solve a
problem. I didn't make this requirement. If you can't think clearly and
express yourself, then you will always have this problem. Don't blame me.
Take remedial steps if you want to help yourself. I'm no jerk, BTW.

Tyro

"NeedHelpFast" wrote in message
Tyro,

I know full well what a flat file is and I know what a database
arrangement
is. I appreciate you trying to help, but you don't have to act like a jerk
because I couldn't make my problem clear to you.

No more replies are needed or wanted from you. Thanks anyway.

"Tyro" wrote:

I don't think the OP has any clue about what a flat-file is let alone a
database arrangement.

Tyro

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
NeedHelpFast -

I suggest you set up your data in a standard flat-file database
arrangement.

Then it will be easy to answer this question (and others) using a pivot
table.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"NeedHelpFast" wrote in
message
I have been using a formula provided by Bob Phillips here to determine
who
would the total number of t-shirts by size based on monies raised. In
the
past, it has been the same amount of monies for everyone. Now, we are
using
one amount for adults and one amount for kids.

The old fomula was:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$6:$C$20=F24),--($F$6:$F$2099))

Can someone tell me how to change the formula where the goal is $50
for
kids
and $100 for adults?

Thanks in advance and I am using an old username when I need a quick
answer.