Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary Gary is offline

Default Referring to a variable cell on another sheet

=LOOKUP(2,1/(SheetB!R1:R65535<""),SheetB!R1:R65535)

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. not just ENTER.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Gaurav

"PaladinWhite" wrote in message
In a cell on Sheet A, I want to display the value of a cell on Sheet B. I
know the column that it is in (R), but not the row - the row should be
equal
the last row in that column which has a nonblank value.

In other words, if the first six rows of column R on Sheet B have values,
then I want to display the value of 'Sheet B'!R6.

I think I can do this using INDIRECT(something) and COUNTA('Sheet B'!R:R),
but I can't seem to fit them together in the correct manner.

Thanks!