Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Summing based on various critiera

What is in cells C6:C20 and what does it mean? What is in Cell F24 and what
does it mean? What is in cells F6:F20 and what does it mean? What is the
meaning of 99? You are making this difficult. You know what your data
means. I do not.

Tyro

"NeedHelpFast" wrote in message
Good point, Tyro. Sorry

I have a formula that determines if they get a shirt based on the dollar
amount (currently $100). If they do, my formula will result in "Y".

I have table set up as shown
Col A = Shirt size (ex small)
Col B = =SUMPRODUCT(--($C$6:$C$20=F24),--($F$6:$F$2099))
to get the total of each size.

Now, I have the two critiera, one for adult, one for youth. I know I may
need to add at col. that indicates adult or youth. Which I don't have a
problem with other than I don't know how to write the formula. Thanks

"Tyro" wrote:

What determines who is an adult and who is a kid? What is in the cells in
the formula you submitted? We have no idea what your original question
was
and what your formula means. Mind readers, we are not.

Tyro

"NeedHelpFast" wrote in message
I have been using a formula provided by Bob Phillips here to determine
who
would the total number of t-shirts by size based on monies raised. In
the
past, it has been the same amount of monies for everyone. Now, we are
using
one amount for adults and one amount for kids.

The old fomula was:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$6:$C$20=F24),--($F$6:$F$2099))

Can someone tell me how to change the formula where the goal is $50 for
kids
and $100 for adults?

Thanks in advance and I am using an old username when I need a quick
answer.