Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_229_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_229_] is offline

Default Counting values in every other column

not sure what you are trying to accomplish with the formula.

As posted, the formula would count numeric 0 in the range of columns where
the mod = CG9.

The -COLUMN($B13)+0 stuff makes it robust against column insertions but
the +0 is not needed.

So, it all depends on what's in CG9 as to which columns are calculated.

LOL... I have to learn to read better... I just went back to re-read the
original post again (mainly because you answered it once and seemed still
not to be as puzzled in your response to me as I was in my initial
reading)... I totally overlooked the "W" in the "BW" references and read
every range as $B13; so I couldn't understand why the OP was using a
SUMPRODUCT on a single cell instead of a range. I look at it now and the W's
are clear as can be; but I would swear they weren't there when I first read
(and re-read) the original posting... weird.

Rick