Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric Eric is offline

Default Why 8-Mar-08?

Yes, I have checked the date format under control panel , which is M/D/Y,
when I change it to D/M/Y and re-load the web link, it becomes 1-Mar-2008.
Thank everyone very much for suggestions
Eric

"Stan Brown" wrote:

Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:23:01 -0700 from Eric
:
Does anyone have any suggestions on date?
When I type Mar-08 into any cell, the default day is 8-Mar-08.
Does anyone know why the default day is 8? and how can I change the default
day into 1?

I think you have your date format set to d-m-y. When you type Mar-08
Excel says "that looks like a date, in fact it looks like the 8th day
of March. But I'm supposed to display d-m-y, and the current year is
2008", so it displays 8-Mar-08.

In other words, it's the default year of 2008 that you're seeing, not
a default day.

Try entering Mar-09 and you'll see it changes to 9-Mar-08 not 8-Mar-
09.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...