Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] cds979@gmail.com is offline

Default Help with Scroll and Zoom Bar for Candle Chart

I am currently doing data manipulation for my series of data. I have
Time, Open, High, Low, Close. There are approximately 6000 rows of
data that I need to input into the Candle Chart and to do that I
require a Scroll and Zoom function. I have been using a template for
Scroll/Zoom for a normal basic Line Chart and attempted to reconfigure
for a Candle Chart. I have named the following:

SCROLLVALUE=Sheet1!$S$31
SERIES1==OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALU E,1)
SERIES2==OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALU E,1)
SERIES3==OFFSET(Sheet1!$D$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALU E,1)
SERIES4==OFFSET(Sheet1!$E$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALU E,1)
TIME==OFFSET(SCROLL_TESTER.xls!SERIES1,0,-1)
ZOOMVALUE==Sheet2!$S$29

Then I go into 'Select the Data Source' in the actual Candle Chart and
try to enter the following details for the X-axis (time) and Series 1,
Series 2, Series 3, Series 4 (all required to draw a Candle Chart in
Excel):

='SCROLL_TESTER.XLSX'!TIME
='SCROLL_TESTER.XLSX'!SERIES1
='SCROLL_TESTER.XLSX'!SERIES2
='SCROLL_TESTER.XLSX'!SERIES3
='SCROLL_TESTER.XLSX'!SERIES4

Then Excel states an error saying that either the Formula or Worksheet
or Cell Reference is incorrect. I believe the only error is in the
actual naming and defining of the range through the OFFSET function
however when I double check it seems correct to my knowledge (due to
my lack of).

If anyone could provide some help into getting the Scroll/Zoom
function to work properly for the Candle Chart. I have seen it done
before. Or if you know any other method/program that has greater
efficiency then please also suggest. Thanks for your help in advance.

I can also send you the original workbook if it is of any help.

Cheers,

Chris