Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TryingToFigureItOut TryingToFigureItOut is offline

Default Offline RELATIONAL OLAP Cube file

In Excel 2003 one thing I loved was the ability to run a database query and
save it as an offline cube file. I could analyze my data from SQL SErver,
Oracle, DB2, whatever. In Excel 2007 is seems I can only do this with an OLAP
database like Analysis Services. PLEASE don't be so! Can someone tell me how
to get this function in Excel 2007 -- perhaps it's hidden, not sure -- but I
just can't see MS regressing this useful function. thanks!