Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Conflicting results in formulas?

What is your formula in L5 and what values are used by that formula, not
formatted, but actual?

Tyro
"mikelee101" wrote in message
Hello,
I have something that is confusing me greatly. Here's the condensed
version:

I have a formula in L5. I want to test to see if the result is an
integer.

In W4, I have the formula

=L5-INT(L5)<0 Result given is TRUE

However, it should be an integer, so to test I put in cell W5

=L5-INT(L5) Result given is 0

To make sure that it wasn't something 10 or 15 decimal places out, I
entered the following in W6

=W5=0 Result given is TRUE

Just for giggles, in W7 I put

=L5=INT(L5) Result given is TRUE

So...what's wrong with the formula in W4 that it returns results that
are in direct conflict with the rest of them? Or is that one
potentially correct...?

If anyone has any insight, I'd be grateful.

XL03, WinXPPro SP2

Thanks,
Mike Lee
Coppell, TX