Firemanmsmith Firemanmsmith is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Manville View Post
Firemanmsmith wrote:
I have the pics hyperlinked to "My Pictures" on my
computer. How can I save them so that I will be able to load the
worksheet on multiple computers without breaking the link?

Are all the computers that might open the worksheet networked together?
- If not you would have to distribute the pictures with the worksheet
and relative links would be fine - so just have the pictures in the
same folder as the worksheet.
- If so then put the pictures on a server on the network, and set the
hyperlink base of your workbook (in File Properties Summary) to a
non-existent folder (e.g. \\Junk\Folder ) and the links will be created
as absolute.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
The computers are not networked at this time. I am told that they will be in the near future, but that could mean a couple years before they are. Most of the computers that I will be installing on are laptops on our fire trucks and there is not a reliable wireless connection throughout the city.
I had started hyperlnking the pics from files on my comp. and realized that the link would be broken when I installed the sheet on a different computer. I was not sure about the ability to save several thousand pics to a sheet, and I am not sure how to save them to a file that the sheet will recognize (because of the location change when moved). Thanks for the help.....Mitch