Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default ADDRESS Function as cell ref in equation

Post the *exact* formula you tried.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"TheHat" wrote in message
Dave - This did solve the VALUE error problem; but the output is an
absolute
"0". The resultant value of the new equation is zero. I still can't get
cell reference that can be used in an equation. I guess the better
question
is, how can I write an equation that will determine the cell the equation
is
in, and use that cell as a reference in another equation?
--
Thanks,
TheHat

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Put it inside =indirect().

=indirect("a1")
will always point to A1
=indirect(a1)
will point to the cell whose address is in A1.

=indirect(address(....

TheHat wrote:

The ADDRESS function returns a text string of a cell location; i.e.
R17. How
can I use this output as a cell reference in an equation? I keep
getting
#VALUE! errors.
--
Thanks,