Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville Bill Manville is offline

Default Need to transfer sheet + pictures to multiple computers

Firemanmsmith wrote:
I have the pics hyperlinked to "My Pictures" on my
computer. How can I save them so that I will be able to load the
worksheet on multiple computers without breaking the link?

Are all the computers that might open the worksheet networked together?
- If not you would have to distribute the pictures with the worksheet
and relative links would be fine - so just have the pictures in the
same folder as the worksheet.
- If so then put the pictures on a server on the network, and set the
hyperlink base of your workbook (in File Properties Summary) to a
non-existent folder (e.g. \\Junk\Folder ) and the links will be created
as absolute.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England