Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Customize Keyboard

You could create macros that do what you want and assign nice keyboard shortcuts
to those macros.

Or you could use builtin shortcuts.

Shift-spacebar will expand the selection's area with the activecell to the
entirerow.
then
ctrl-hyphen

to delete the selection.

Or you could add a couple of icons to your favorite toolbar/QAT.
In xl2003
tools|Customize|commands tab|Edit category
drag Delete Row (or Delete column) to your favorite toolbar.

There's a couple of Insert options under the Insert Category, too.

TychaBrahe wrote:

Why is there no button in the Excel Options to customize the keyboard (as
there is in Word Options and as there was for Excel XP and 2K)? I get
massive amounts of data from which I delete non-pertinent records. I
simplified this by adding a keystroke combo to delete a row. Now I have to
type Alt-H-D-R. Two extra keystrokes per instance x 1000 instances per day =
NOT FUN.

--

Dave Peterson