Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jason[_11_] Jason[_11_] is offline

Default Complicated lookup/match formula help needed!

Hi--

I have a sheet called "ClientList" where column A has a list of ID
numbers. In another sheet called "Clinicians", these ID numbers are
in columns BA:BJ. There is other information (for example # visits
and # individual) associated with each client's ID in columns BK and
on.

I am trying to write a formula to match each ID number in ClientList
with the same ID number in the Clinicians spreadsheet, and then return
information in columns BK and on. The number of columns for visits
and individual can be stored in a separate cell, say Z1. For example,
the Clinicians sheet looks like this (data starts in row 3):

|------------------visits--------| |-----------Individual-----------|
BA BB BC BD BE BF BG BH BI BJ BK BL BM BN BO BP BQ BR
BS BT BU BV
4-2 3-2 1-9 2-2 3-3 4-5 5 4 3
2 1 11 1 2 0 1 3 4
5-1 1-1 1-11 8 1
0 0 1 0
7-7
3 2
6-4 3-9 4
10 1 10

I would LIKE the ClientList sheet to look like this (column A is
already filled with the ID numbers, I just need to match the other
fields):
VISITS INDIVIDUAL
A B C
4-2 5 1