Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patrick Riley Patrick Riley is offline

Default Require specific cell entry before saving file

I want to require the user to enter his/her name in a specific cell (E59)
before the user can save the file.
I tried using Data Validation where I specified Text Length between 1 and
40, and left blank the check-box for "Ignore Blank". Nope. I never
programmed in VBA, so I hope there is a simple solution (I might be OK with
some simple VBA code).
---Pat
P.S. I posted this yesterday (Mar 19 2008) and someone was kind enough to
respond, but Microsoft's link (in the auto-generated e-mail to me) to the
response did not work. I thank that individual for responding, and ask that
you please re-send your answer.