Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default cell data validation

the code numbers, instead, can be only selected from the dropdown list.

The problem is likely that the "numbers" in the list and the data entry cell
itself have different number formats. If one is number formatted or General
and the other is Text formatted they will not match.

That is because, for example, the number 234 does not match the text "234".

--
Jim