Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default copying from worksheet to worksheet

Not without some added work.

Formatting cannot be linked.

You could use some Conditional Formatting to format the source cell and use the
same CF for the target cell.

But only visual formatting like Patterns, Fonts, Borders, not formatting like
number formatting or dates or similar.

Gord

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:43:12 -0700, spilparc wrote:

Thank you. Is there a way to have it include the same formatting as
well?

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:32:47 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

=IF(Sheet1!F384="","",Sheet1!F384)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:46:59 -0700, spilparc wrote:

I want to start a new worksheet with the ending data from my old
worksheet. I'll continue to enter data into the old worksheet, but I
want it to copy into the new one as well.

I tried using sheet1!F384 for example, but all that does is put in the
date 1/9/00

Confused