Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BillH BillH is offline

Default Deleting LF Characters in cells

I am pasting SQL query output information from a web page (no http
address available) into excel 2003. Each of the cells from the SQL
data is padded with a trailing LF (hex 0A) non-displayable "blank".
How do I remove these characters. I've tried selecting alt-0010 and
Char(10) in the find-replace dialog but excel says it can't find what
I'm looking for. The worksheet columns all have data of varying
lengths, so I can't use text-cols. I just need to remove the x'0A'
characters. My imported data sometimes contains several thousand rows
of multiple columns.