Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Using Percent

=ROUND(PRODUCT(K5,6.2%),2)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200774

"Traci" wrote:

I am setting up payroll, in the first cell is gross wages, the next cell
calculates gross wages by 6.2%. =product(K5,6.2%)Each pay period is a row,
so at the end of the month I have the totals for each column, however, when
the column adds the numbers in the cells that calculated the gross wages by
6.2% it is off by a penny. Not all the time is it off, just here and there.
I have tried using .062 instead of the percent sign and no luck there.
Thanks for any help!!
--
Traci