Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F[_2_] Dave F[_2_] is offline

Default cell address for first value to appear in a range

I don't think you understand my question. The first cell in that
range that has a value in it is K5. I want to know how to return that
address.

On Mar 19, 1:14*pm, JP wrote:
Sorry, if you know the range, don't you already know the first cell
address?

Or do I not understand what you need.

Does this work?

=ADDRESS(ROW(H5),COLUMN(INDEX(H5:S5,1,1)))

or

=ADDRESS(ROW(H5),COLUMN(H5))

HTH,
JP

On Mar 19, 1:02*pm, Dave F wrote:

Given the range H5:S5, how can I have Excel return the cell address of
the first value that appears in that range.

=MATCH(1,--(H5:S50),0) entered as an array formula returns 4; this
value is in cell K5. *How can I get that cell address returned?

Thanks.

Dave- Hide quoted text -