Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SCrowley SCrowley is offline

Default IF(ISBLANK for multiple cells A1:N1

I have read many posts regarding this issue and I thought I wrote my formula
correctly.

I have tried it as a formula AND as an array formula

=IF(ISBLANK(A1:N1),"Delete","OK")

When I use this formula, whether the range has something in it or not, it
returns "OK".

The spreadsheet is an exported report from a mailing/shipping software
program. It has 600 rows, A:N, some with only one Cell containing data. I
need to delete all the blank rows (I've read all those posts too). I'm either
very thick in the head or there is some invisible data lurking in the cells?

I've even reversed the formula =IF(ISBLANK(A1:N1),"OK","Delete"). Arrrggg!

Thank you,

scrowley(AT)littleonline.com