Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find Last Saturday of the Year

Yes, that's true, Jay. The reason for posting the corrections is not to
belittle you for getting things wrong (as none of us are immune from
errors), but to avoid confusing other readers who may either be reading the
thread currently or be coming along later to read the group's archive.

You will have realised, I hope, that although you may regard Pete's as
"easily the most elegant of the solutions", it doesn't always give the
answer you requested. For years such as 2005, 2011, and 2016, you may wish
to look as to whether Pete's formula gives December 24th, not the 31st which
I assume you wanted when you asked for the last Saturday of the year?
--
David Biddulph

"jlclyde" wrote in message
On Mar 17, 4:02 pm, Bob I wrote:
jlclyde wrote:

David,
I am not sure what I did to offend you, but the formulas did not
work. Also you are replying to posts that I removed, so I was aware
that it did not work. Pete's was easily the most elegant of the
possible soloutions.

You didn't remove the posts, they still propagated though the USENET
servers, they now exist in perpetuity.- Hide quoted text -

They are not showing on my computer when I look at the site. So if I
screw up i need to post an additional time to let everyone know that I
ahve in deed screwed up?
Jay