Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How can I remove a non-printing character from a cell?

How about using mid, left and clean

=clean(left(a1, 1)) & mid(A1, 2, 255)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jcnmilton" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that was saved as a text file from HTML and opened with
excel. I then use Text to Columns to parse the information into cells.
However, some lines include a leading non-printing character that screws up
the Text to Columns by moving everything on that line over 1 space. How can
I remove only that leading non-printing character without changing the
spacing the rest of the line? I have tried using CLEAN - but all the spacing
is changed.
--
JCN