S L Pace

Default Trying to create a Sales Projection/Forecast/Estimate

I'm trying to create a estimated sales pace for the month at my restaurant
from a chart that has our daily sales in it.

The current chart has the following formula "=(C38/COUNT(C6:C36))*31" in
cell C42. This formula takes cell C38 which is the TOTAL SALES for the month
using the formula "=SUM(C6:C36)". This formula takes the DAILY SALES from C6
to C36 and obviously adds them up. Our daily sales vary greatly, as on the
weekends we do double to triple our weekday business.

Right now the formula is giving us the same number as our sales total for
the month which from prior experience is probably off by about 27 thousand
dollars.

According to what I can tell the COUNT function allows 1 to 30 arguments is
this what is causing the problem? And how do I create a solution?

Softwa Excel 2000
O/S: Windows 2000