Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default a little complicated

It would help if you tell us a bit about how your data is laid out. For
example, what cell is your drop-down in? Where are your names in sheets A, B
and C? Do they all start in the same cell, e.g. A2? Approximately how many
names do we have in each? If you don't give details like this then you will
end up with a generic solution where certain assumptions are made and you
might find it difficult to apply to your exact situation.

Pete

"Gaurav" wrote in message
FYI, I have done the latter. But I still need help on the former.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information or if I need to
expain it in a better way. I really need help with this.

Thanks

"Gaurav" wrote in message
Hi All,

Here is what I am trying to do.

I have 3 sheets (A, B and C) for 3 different processes to track the
overtime of the employees.
I have a summary sheet on which I have a dropdown that lists all 3
processes. Now I want the employees' names to be returned when I select
the process name. For example, I select A in the dropdown, below that I
want all the names that are there in Sheet A. Rest of the information can
be pulled by vlookup once I have the key info.

Another thing. Once the formula returns the names, I would also want (in
a different column) the total OT hours of that particular employee. The
name can appear in all the 3 sheets. I hope it makes sense.

Thanks
Gaurav