Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rich Hayes Rich Hayes is offline

Default automatically insert a row

Hello all
If anyone can help me with this query i'd be very grateful. I'll try and
explain it as simply as possible.

I have the following data. Columns A, B,C and E are manually populated,
columns D, and F are formulaic entry cells.

Sample data (normally about 1500 rows of data)

A B C D E
Cape Trust Discharge TCOV 50 55
Cape Tavor Load RELT 60 54 d
Aquabreeze Discharge OVOV 30 53 f
Bet Performer Discharge TCTO 27 45 r

If column C equals either RELT or OVOV i want to automatically add a new row
beneath each which contains the same manual entry data as the row being
copied (columns A, C and E), but also maintain the formula calc as in columns
D and F.

For column B which is a manual entry cell i'd like it to return a blank cell
rather than return the data from the copied cell.

i'm guessing this needs to be done as a macro, however, given my weakness
with macros if any one can help i'd be grateful if you can be as detailed as
possible. Many thanks in advance

Regards

Rich