Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boppy Boppy is offline

Default Excel dates not filtering in Word: Office 07

On Mar 16, 1:34 pm, "Tyro" wrote:
Excel maintains dates as numbers. Excel's date range is from Jan. 1, 1900,
day 1, to Dec. 31 9999, day 2,958,465. Word does not maintain dates as
numbers. Word maintains dates as text. Excel simply formats the numbers to
display as a human understandable date.

Tyro

"Boppy" wrote in message

Hi folks, I have posted this problem in the Word group without
success, and also in the Mr Excel bulletin board, also without finding
a solution. I wonder if anyone here can help:

I do regular mail merges in Word using data created in Excel. I am
almost always wanting to filter by the date the record was entered
into Excel, and which was recorded by typing ctrl ; to insert the
current date.

The problem is, when I am filtering the data in Word, and type in the
date I want the records from, I get this error message:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2uz40h4.jpg

Word happily filters dates that I have typed into a table in Word then
used as a data source.

What do I need to do to have Word recognise my Excel dates?

In case this is relevant, my regional settings a
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...screenshot.jpg

Thanks in advance for advice,

Jo

Yes, I realise that. Is there any way to filter dates though?