Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boppy Boppy is offline

Default Excel dates not filtering in Word: Office 07

Hi folks, I have posted this problem in the Word group without
success, and also in the Mr Excel bulletin board, also without finding
a solution. I wonder if anyone here can help:

I do regular mail merges in Word using data created in Excel. I am
almost always wanting to filter by the date the record was entered
into Excel, and which was recorded by typing ctrl ; to insert the
current date.

The problem is, when I am filtering the data in Word, and type in the
date I want the records from, I get this error message:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2uz40h4.jpg

Word happily filters dates that I have typed into a table in Word then
used as a data source.

What do I need to do to have Word recognise my Excel dates?

In case this is relevant, my regional settings a
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...screenshot.jpg

Thanks in advance for advice,

Jo