Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zzdave zzdave is offline

Default copying conditional formatting

Thanks to both of you. Both systems work. Thanks again

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

By default, conditional formatting uses absolute values ($). If you want to
copy down rows, just remove the $ in front of the row number in your formulas.

$A$1 - $A1

"zzdave" wrote:

Hi,
I have a row of 5 cells. I want to format them so that when two of the 5
cells are 0 the whole set of cells change color. I used the countif function
to do this and it works fine.

I now want to copy this conditional format for all 5 cells down the other 50
rows. I have tried the usual paste, paste special, but these do not work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

David Williams