Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default simple If but not for me

If F5 contains the number 2, your formula would return 0 under the
following conditions:

a) F5 contains the number '3'
b) G5 contains the number '2'

HTH,
JP

On Mar 14, 6:12*pm, kfarley wrote:
I have three columns in which contain amounts of inventories for certain
items I need for my concession. An adjacent column would tell me how much to
order.
Ex. *c5, d5 and e5 would have on hand amounts. g5 would tell me how much to
order. *I tried to make it simple by using f5 to add the amount from the
three previous cell. So =if (f5=3,0,g5-f5) But with this I get 0 even when f5
is 2.
Not every f5 would equal three. Each item on my list would have their own
amounts that I would need to compare to and enter in column g. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks in advance.