Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Sumif with multiple columns in sum_range

You're very welcome....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"dza7" wrote in message
On Mar 14, 11:14 am, "Ron Coderre"
wrote:
Try this approach:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="Joel")*B2:C10)

Adjust range references to suit your situation.

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"dza7" wrote in message

Hello,

I have a set of data that has a label in column A the sales in column
B, C & D:

Column A Column B Column C
Joel 500 677
Joel 575 752
Joel 650 827
Claudia 725 902
Tarzan 800 968

I'd like to run SUMIF where the "Range" is column A, the "Criteria" is
Joel, and the "Sum_Range" is B:C but when I use SUMIF(A:A,"Joel",B:C)
I only get the sum of column B which is 1,725.

Can someone hook me up with a formula that can sum both column B & C
in this situation.

Thanks, in advance

Daniel

Perfect, thank you very much!