Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Right clicking to summon Format Cells.

The very fact that you should be getting 4.9 as an answer and that you are
getting 9.3 says it is not a formatting problem but a calculation problem.
Please include the values in the cells and your formula.

Tyro

"John" wrote in message
In cells A1 I have Name-in cell B1 Location C1Title E1 Hire Date F1
Salary. I then have inserted A new Collumn D1 which is called
Service. In cell E2 I have a Hire Date of 11/24/98 and in cell F2
Salary is $29,500. In the newly formed Collumn D in D2 I have a
Formula =(Today()-E2)/365. I should be getting the Value 4.9, But I
come up with 9.306849315. When right clicking on the Hire Date
collumn to format cells and choosing the Number Tab and then clicking
Date I need the sample area in the format dialog box to specifically
say "Date" to correctly come to the right value. How could a beginner
trouble shoot this problem in formatimg cells to come to the correct
value?