Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Brighella Brighella is offline

Default automatically insert new rows in a list

Good Afternoon,

I use Excel 2003 in Win XP.

I am creating a spreadsheet that includes multiple "CTRL + L" lists for the
purposes of scheduling concerts.

The lists a
1. pieces to be performed
2. musicians involved
3. rehearsal times
4. Tasks to complete

When I add items to a list, it takes up a row beneath.

My question:
Is there a way to set up the list so that it INSERTS a NEW row instead of
taking the row below? Thus, when I add to a list it pushes the other stuff
down. This way there is not unused space that I must reserve for each list.

I'd like to avoid leaving unnecessary blank rows.

I'm a newish excel user. I carefully read other posts and the help files
without finding an answer. Apologies if I'm asking a redundant question! I
read info about INDEX, and "dynamic ranges" with no luck.

Thanks,
Brighella.