Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Payroll Forecast Calc

On Mar 12, 6:59*am, Steve wrote:
Sorry, forgot an area...only posted 4. *The 5 again a
1. *Hire date is lest than current month (no pay)
2. *Hire date is within current month, and must be prorated
3. *Hire date is after current month, and before termination date
(full pay)
4. *Termination date is within current month, and must be prorated
5. *Current month is after Termination date (no pay)

I think you have the wrong cases. I believe the cases are (in the
order specified):

1. Hire date is after the month. (No pay.)
2. Termination date is before the month. (No pay.) [Your #5.]
3. Hire date is after the first of the month. (Prorate.)
4. Termination date is before the end of the month. (Prorate.)
5. Otherwise, full pay.

Note that #4 must also take #5 into account. That is: you must
prorate based on the earlier of the termination date or the end of the
month.

Note that if #1 and 2 are false and #3 is true, the hire date must be
in the current month. Similarly, if #1, 2 and 3 are false and #4 is
true, the termination date must be in the current month.

On Mar 12, 8:54*am, Steve wrote:
*I'm hoping that somene already has this massive formula written!

I could develop one, but I do not have one already written and tested.