Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How to get rid of embedded grey squares over cells

hi
sounds like you have objects on your sheets. how they got there is anybody's
guess.
what are they? sounds like picture frames but that is a guess too.
try this...
on the menu bar....
viewtoolbarscontrol toobox.
hover over the various icons till you find design mode.(looks like a
protractor with ruller and pencil) click it. then click on the gray squares.
if small round circles appear when you click it, it the delete key. gone. do
that to both(all). you can then remove the control toolbox toolbar if you
want.

Regards
FSt1

"crossroads" wrote:

I have a simple client list spreadsheet with mainly names, etc. Somehow two
grey squares have set themselves up on different occasions, each about 3cm x
3cm over some text data in the same column. There are no symbols within the
squares, just blank grey. I can't see the data the squares are hiding unless
I insert rows under the squares. Using right or left clicks over the squares
doesn't result in anything. All the data has been entered manually so it's
not as if I've imported the images by mistake.

Appreciate any help.
--
phil b
australia