Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
crossroads crossroads is offline

Default How to get rid of embedded grey squares over cells

I have a simple client list spreadsheet with mainly names, etc. Somehow two
grey squares have set themselves up on different occasions, each about 3cm x
3cm over some text data in the same column. There are no symbols within the
squares, just blank grey. I can't see the data the squares are hiding unless
I insert rows under the squares. Using right or left clicks over the squares
doesn't result in anything. All the data has been entered manually so it's
not as if I've imported the images by mistake.

Appreciate any help.
--
phil b
australia