Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Les Les is offline

Default Displaying a decimal as years and months

Chris,
I don't know what version of Excel you are using, but I am using Excel 2007
and it does not include the "DATEDIF" function. When I put that function into
the help search field, it showed other ways to get what you want using the
Month and Year functions. While DATEDIF sounds neat, it is not in my version
of Excel. However, the methods it showed worked very nicely.

It is in a section named "Calculate the difference between two dates" and it
shows you how to calculate the number of days, the number of months, and the
number of years between 2 dates.

I think that will give you what you want.

"Chris" wrote:

Hi - need some help here...

Does anybody know how to display a number as years and months?
I would like to show 1.8 as 1 year, 9 months instead of a decimal.

The 1.8 I get by subrtracting my start date from today's date....
=today()-Cell with start date/365