Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Data Form does not allow entry in some fields

Are the first 3 fields formulas?

Is the worksheet protected with the first 3 columns having the cells locked and
the column having its cells unlocked?

JR Hester wrote:

Excel XP on Windows XP

Excel database with only 4 fields( Name, date, type, notes). The data form
displays all 4 fields and values in browse mode. When NEW buitton is selected
to enter a new record, only the last field NOTES allows data entry. I should
expand here a bit; the first three fields do not display the value box in NEW
mode.
There must be something controlling this that I can't locate. I tried adding
a couple of new fields and those show up and allow data entry.

Accepting any and all ideas suggestions, and thanks in advance!

--

Dave Peterson