Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FARAZ QURESHI FARAZ QURESHI is offline

Default Dependant Lists (Data Validation)

Sure am delighted to hear from you after a long time Max!

I am sorry but I think I wasn't clear enough.

What I meant was that list option of "Data Validation" is required not auto
filter. I want cell C1 to be reflecting a combo box reflecting Name of months
Jan to Dec. Upon selecting a month the same kind of Data Validation combo box
list in D1 based on a custom formula or some other way to present the dates
pertaining to such a month only from the source of Column B containing a list
of mix dates.

Hopefully a supportive feedback is replied

Thanx

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

"Max" wrote:

One simple alternative ..
Assuming source list in row2 down, dates in B2 down
In C2: =IF(B2="","",TEXT(B2,"mmmyy"))
Copy down, then just apply autofilter on col C for the desired functionality
to easily filter dates by month/yr.
--
Max
Singapore
"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote:
Suppose I have same sort of list as follows:

CASE1 01-JAN-08
CASE2 15-JAN-08
CASE3 01-FEB-08
CASE4 31-MAR-08
CASE5 15-MAR-08

I have a list of months i.e. January to December presented in list option at
C1 upon selecting March, I want the list in D1 to be reflecting the options
of only 31-MAR-08 and 15-MAR-08 i.e. dates falling in March

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI