Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dslocum dslocum is offline

Default Convert a text field to a date

I have researched this forum and have most of my problem solved. My
customer has two columns of data representing a client's birthday; A1
has the birth year formatted as yyyy. A2 has the birth month and day
formatted as mm/dd. Here's the problem, A2 is formatted as "General"
and therefore truncated 0827 (Aug 27) as 827. I wish to use the =Date
function to basically concantenate these cells but I need to know how
to convert 827 into 0827 so that I might use the =Left(A2,2) and
=Right(A2,2) to break out the month and day. Am I heading in the right
direction?

--
dslocum