Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter Peter is offline

Default If formula

Hi Pete, thanks for looking into this, however this formula does not give the
correct total. 8390.60+5127.10+7940.44 / 2 = 7962.36 (my mistake on original
post was put total of 2cs without dividing (15924.72)

Formula is total all 2cs then divding total by 2, I need it to divide
individually

i.e. 8390.6/2 = 4154.8
5127.10/2 = 2563.55
7940.44/2 = 3970.22

Total = 10688.57

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMIF(B1:B4,"2C",A1:A4)/2

Adjust the ranges to suit your real data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am looking for a formula that looks at a range, and if meets criteria,
adds a selected range but actully divides each cell by 2 and gives sum of
these totals

Example
Col A Col B

Row 1 8309.60 2C
Row 2 5000 2
Row 3 2488.02 2C
Row 4 5127.10 2C

If B1:b4="2c" add cells in Col A and divide by 2 then total (in this case
would be 10688.57 NOT 7962.36)

Hope this makes sense.