Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arup C[_2_] Arup C[_2_] is offline

Default Time function

Hi David,
I think ur right but is there any way out using other function with time
function

"David Biddulph" wrote:

TIME won't accept a negative number for hours. You were right the first
time in that you ought to *add* 12 hours, not subtract 12 hours.
--
David Biddulph

"Arup C" wrote in message
Hi Max,
Thanks for replying. It was my mistake. It was now solved but when I am
deducting 12 hours from the given time it is showing the same error.

"Max" wrote:

When I tested your formula in B1,
with A1 containing: 4:00 PM
(not "4.00 PM" as posted - the colon is important)
B1 returned: 4:00 AM
--
Max
Singapore
"Arup C" wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have a question relating Time function. I have put time in cell A1
and
formula
"=TIME(HOUR(A1)+12,MINUTE(A1),SECOND(A1))" in cell B1 the problem is
when
the hour exceeds 12 O'clock midnight it gives the error #NUM! instead
of
showing the exact time suppose cell A1 has the value 4.00 PM then the
formula
shows the error msg instead of showing 4.00 AM of next day