Confused on the tundra

Default Sorting imported "numbers"

I've imported a long list of "numbers" from a server. Now in my excel table I
can not sort them. I've tried multiplying the col. by "1" from paste special,
Add from a free cell and paste special, using a macro form the converting
text to number page, using trim and clean function, copy and paste as value,
using the text to columns command, all to no avail. The "numbers" still stay
left justified and sort by first number, i.e. 113 before 21 etc.

There are 1500 entries and I do no think the table woudl be of much use
after i tried to re-type in all the numbers. The three numbers I did have to
enter do work fine, and sort above all the other "numbers" . I have several
columns that have "numbers" in them and woudl like to be able to sort, at
varoius time, by any one.