Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
zvonul zvonul is offline

Default reorganising data

On Mar 11, 12:20 am, "Max" wrote:
Errata ..

In A2 should be:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$3,INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3),MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,3))

Note that I had presumed Sheet1's A3 contains the value: xx
which you indicated in your post
(I assume there was no blank row below the 2nd header row)
--
Max
Singaporehttp://savefile.com/projects/236895

Thanks.
This works well if I have a fixed number of columns with the same
number of records under each. I also want to have the headings in the
second sheet but I can figure that out later.
However, the number of records in each column is not the same. One
column may have (under the headings) 2 records, another 10, and so on.
As I see it, I'd probably need to read the data in each column while
not blank (and copy it by appending to the last record in the new
format), while there are columns.
I just don't know enough about what Excel/VB can do and am not
familiar with the syntax.