Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jennifer Cali Jennifer Cali is offline

Default VLOOKUP always returning the same value!

Yep, I'm definitely including the FALSE.

The other *odd* thing I see is even AFTER the cells caluculate, the workbook
continues to say "CALCULATE" in the bottom left corner. Thoughts?

--
Thank you! - Jennifer

"JP" wrote:

Are you using FALSE as the last argument of VLOOKUP? That would ensure
that only an exact match is found. For example

=VLOOKUP("Sam",A1:C100,3,FALSE)

Assuming your data was in A1:C100.

HTH,
JP

On Mar 10, 11:09 pm, Jennifer Cali
wrote:
Sorry, the example was the problem I'm having. Sally has a different number
than Sam who has a different number than Tara.
--
Thank you! - Jennifer

"JP" wrote:
Just based on your sample, the phone numbers are all the same, so that
might explain why a VLOOKUP on Sam and Sally would appear to return
only Sam's phone number.

HTH,
JP