Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jennifer Cali Jennifer Cali is offline

Default VLOOKUP always returning the same value!

Sorry, the example was the problem I'm having. Sally has a different number
than Sam who has a different number than Tara.
--
Thank you! - Jennifer

"JP" wrote:

Just based on your sample, the phone numbers are all the same, so that
might explain why a VLOOKUP on Sam and Sally would appear to return
only Sam's phone number.

HTH,
JP

On Mar 10, 10:55 pm, Jennifer Cali
wrote:
I'm an experienced Excel user, and have run into something beyond strange. My
vlookups (whether manually entered or run as part of an existing macro) will
now ONLY return the looked-up value for the first entry when I drop OR paste
the contents of the first cell down.

FOR EXAMPLE: If I have two sheets - one with names and phone numbers and one
with names and birthdays, and i try to do a vlookup on name between the two
sheets, it looks like this:

Sam 3/29/78 414-323-4132
Sally 5/23/68 414-323-4132
Tara 2/2/34 414-323-4132