Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jordan D. Jordan D. is offline

Default How to enter a name in one cell, and have it return their sales $.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and I just can't get it.
Basically I have a spreadsheet with names on it and their corresponding sales
figures. Here is exactly what I have to do with those names and sales
figures:

I need an area of the spreadsheet where I can enter in an Employee name, and
have the spreadsheet quickly display the total sales for that person. For
example:

Enter Name He Dave Kitson
Total Sales: $229,793

Whenever a new name is entered, the total sales figure changes appropriately.

I've been trying all kinds of reference and lookup formulas but I just can't
get any to work. I don't even know for sure if I need to use a function for
this or not. If it helps I've got my employee names listed in cells A12:A15
and their corresponding sales figures are in cells B12:B15. Thanks so much
to anyone who can help me out with this.