Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default word frequency counting

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:32:08 -0700 (PDT), Lan Mind wrote:

Wow Ron thanks for all that code. I haven't had anytime lately to go
over much of it but I will tonight. Truthfully I'm lost on almost all
of what you've shown as I'm not a programmer and I have very little
experience with excel. A slow count doesn't bother me much as this
will be done locally for in house results.

I would **strongly** recommend you not use the INDEX(...) formula if you have a
lot of data. The web page I used in my testing would have taken about 20 hours
to complete the calculations!

The array formula approach would take about 30 seconds!

If the array formula approach is not suitable, it would be possible to change
the function to a macro that could write the data out into the workbook.
--ron