Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bankercrystal bankercrystal is offline

Default Budget functon

I put the formula in and the cell is only showing the formula and not showing
the result. I;m not sure what I did wrong. Also, how do I make the formula
go into each cell in a column without changing it in each cell?

"Jim" wrote:

If your budget amount is in A1 and your actual amount is in B1, C1 could be:

=IF(B1A1,B1-A1,"")

and D1 could be:

=IF(B1<A1,B1-A1,"")

HTH
Jim

"bankercrystal" wrote:

In a budget I set up, I need one column to calculate if the amount paid is
over the budget amount and another column if it is under the column amount.
I can't figure out how to enter a formula that works in Excel 2003.