Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Links

If the original book was data.xls, then rename it to olddate.xls. Rename the
new book data.xls

It is far easier to rename a workbook then to change all the links in the
destination book.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200772

"martinbarnes" wrote:

I have a workbook with formulas containing links to a separate workbook. I
recently recieved an updated version of the linked workbook with a different
file name. what is the best way to update the linked data in my workbook,
particularly if the external workbook is updated frequently under a different
file name? Any help would me much appreciated...