Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Can all '07 ofc software revert to 2000 so I can work wo cryin

FB wrote:

I would think that it should have been an option that MS provided similar to
having the classic look available in XP...

I have uninstalled the 2007 and will be sticking with Office 2003 for the
time being - Unlike the move from DOS to Windows I am not noticing a
improvement in my productivity.

It may be time to look at Apple products.

Happy hunting!!!!!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Apple+spreadsheet

"Bob I" wrote:

No, it's more reminiscent of the shift from DOS to Windows.

wrote:

I agree!!! I have also been an excel power user and go-to person for the last
15 years. I find the new version of excel has been dumbed-down to the point
of forced inefficiency. I barely use a mouse with the earlier versions of
excel and this version forces me to use a mouse. My toolbars and settings are
highly customized and macro'ed to the point that I always keep a copy of my
.xlb and personal.xls files on hand. I do not have time to invest in
relearning what was an extremely useful, reliable, and efficient tool. To
cite a saying that aptly reflects my frustration, 'If it ain't broke don't
fix it.' Why not create a version for non-excel users and keep the original?
Isn't this reminiscent of "New Coke"?????

" wrote:

the ribbon is NOT fine, it's rubbish. A complete failure as far as
I'm concerned.
I hope M$ is forced soon to re-establish the old menu and toolbars
system.